Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekend Getaway!

Max and I just got back from a weekend getaway with four other couples from Gatlinburg, TN. We stayed at a large chalet tucked away in the snow covered mountains where the temperature was a balmy 60 degrees and sunny all weekend.




The warm weather alone was enough to make me want to not go back to Cincy where it's currently dreary and cold. Not to mention that I'm dying to see the new bulbs come up that I planted in the fall and to put our seedlings in the ground. But I digress. Gatlinburg is a very touristy area but there are some nuggets of goodness if you know where to look. The Apple Barn is an awesome place to have breakfast with their amazing apple fritters and apple juleps that are free with every meal. WonderWorks, the upside down house with 120 interactive exhibits, was just the ticket for us kids at heart. We got to climb inside the Mercury lander replica like we were astronauts, stand in 65 mile an hour winds that simulated a hurricane at half speed and lay on an actual bed of nails. Then to top it all off we visited the buy 1 get 2 free boot store. Yes, you heard me. I am growing as a person and bought my first (and then my second the next day) pair of cowboy boots.



They are the most comfortable pair of shoes ever and not to mention very sassy! I think I might just love them. Aren't vacations wonderful? I should really take more of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment