Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weekend Getaway Part 2

Last weekend was the makeup trip for the botched surprise attempt to join Jorge's surprise party. I went to Maryland to visit and just hang out in general. We had a blast all weekend long eating all my favorite foods and catching up on all the latest news with my favorite people! My whirlwind round of things not to be missed in DC go a little something like this...

Friday afternoon Happy Hour at Ziki Japanese Steak House for $1.50 domestics and the freshest sushi. Then the Friday Night Contra dance at Glen Echo. (I missed this one this time around but it still makes my list). Saturday afternoon head to the Red Velvet Cupcakery for slightly expensive but totally worth it, mouth watering cupcakes. Then to Thai Tanium for drunken noodles or green curry. Throw in a metro ride to anywhere (if Cincy only had a metro I would proclaim it perfect, alas it does not) and visits with old friends to complete the journey.


That's me on the metro with Flat Stanley. I showed him around town and photographed our journey as a work project. (He's a character from a 60's children's book).

Yes, I do realize that a good half of my list consists of food items but I can't help it, I'm a foodie! Plus I think these places in particular are tied to happy memories of times past that seem like only yesterday when the site is revisited. It's kind of like when you were a child and your mother wore a certain scent of perfume. After you've grown up but smell that scent somewhere else, it will always make you feel warm and fuzzy because you think of your mother.

For everyone who was worried about the weather during my travels I wanted to let you know that you were right. It did snow on Friday night but it didn't start until 9pm and there was no accumulation. There was however an alarming amount of snow piled up in the parking lots leftover from the past couple of weeks. My favorite one is seen below, to help you with scale someone has convienently left a few shopping carts in the snow pile:

No comments:

Post a Comment